Saturday, April 10, 2010

Between Two Worlds: My Life and Captivity in Iran

As most well budgeted marketing campaigns go, the Daily Show was a stop for Saberi─on the way to Good Morning America, NPR, etc.─, where she had a few minutes to plug her book. The quick sell of it is that she was arrested by intelligence agents in Iran, and this is her story.

Being in the Philippines, I couldn't get a copy of the book for my Kindle. The TOC, however, looks good, and is even tempting enough to get me to buy a copy. We'll see. I'm particularly interested in Part II: Angels in Evin.

There is a good sampling of it off Amazon.com, and the book reads well. Being an American in the Philippines, I could relate to Saberi's writing of the taxi cabs and telling people that I was born in the country, 'cause I was traveling on non-U.S. passport... <<read more>> 

No comments:

Post a Comment