Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Charlie Rose's Tuesday, October 20, 2009 conversation with Madeleine Albright - Former secretary of state Madeline Albright discusses her book "Read My Pins" - Current Affairs, Books

CHARLIE ROSE: Madeleine Albright is here. She became the first woman
to serve as secretary of state. She served in that position during the
Clinton administration. During the 2008 presidential campaign she was an
advisor to Hillary Clinton, who is now secretary of state.

Her latest book is called "Read my Pin, Stories from a Diplomat’s
Jewel Box." I am pleased to have her back at this table, and she will
understand that that we will spend not much time talking about jewelry.

But here’s the cover of the book. And just give me the idea behind
this.

MADELEINE ALBRIGHT: The idea was that I was at the U.N. as secretary
of state. I like pins, and they give signals. And it all began because
Saddam Hussein called me an "unparalleled serpent" and I had a snake pin.
And I thought, this is fun.

So -- but mostly, Charlie, it gives me an opportunity to talk about
foreign policy.

SEE: http://www.charlierose.com/view/interview/10680. SEE ALSO: Memo to the President Elect: How We Can Restore America's Reputation and Leadership, The Mighty and the Almighty: Reflections on America, God, and World Affairs, Madam Secretary: A Memoir

No comments:

Post a Comment