Thursday, October 8, 2009

The Wednesday, October 7, 2009 Charlie Rose Conversation with Max Cleland

Vietnam Veteran, Former U.S. Senator and former head of the Veterans Administration, Max Cleland, shares his views on Afghanistan

CHARLIE ROSE: Max Cleland is here. He is, as you know, a decorated
Vietnam War veteran and a former Democratic senator from the great state of
Georgia.

He was head of the Veterans Administration under President Jimmy
Carter. In June, President Obama appointed him secretary of the American
Battle Monuments Commission. It manages all overseas memorials to American
soldiers.

He has a new book out, and it’s called "Heart of a Patriot: How I
found courage to survive Vietnam, Walter Reed, and Karl Rove."

(LAUGHTER)

I am pleased to have Max Cleland at this table. Welcome.

MAX CLELAND: I’m glad to be here.

CHARLIE ROSE: Tell me why you decided to write this.

MAX CLELAND: I did it for me to come to terms with my life.
See the show here, in its entirety.

No comments:

Post a Comment